Sunday, May 16, 2010

Cankles, angels, and cameras

So, here is a new prego pic of me 29 and a half weeks.



That means I am almost 3/4's of the way through. We are so excited! We have definitely decided on Travis Joseph. We are collecting more stuff slowly yet surely. We have a new, wonderful stroller; an old dresser that Mike is refinishing; a car seat; bedding; and every time we are around baby clothes we have to buy at least one thing so they are starting to add up. We are going to have to rearrange our room soon and take out the desk so we have room for his dresser to put all this stuff in!

I am feeling really well. My hips are starting to get bigger which makes it harder to walk and wear clothes. :O) And when I stand too long my feet turn into Flintstone feet and I get cankles. But, I love feeling him kick and turn in my belly all the time. He is going to run out of room soon! I can't imagine getting fatter, but I know I will!

On to a sadder note...my Grandpa passed away last Friday. He lived a great life and inspired many people. It was time for him to go...he was very sick and in a lot of pain. But he was a trooper and didn't complain. We had a beautiful service for him yesterday where we got to remember and honor him. He is in a much better place now and will be remembered. The plus side is tons of family has been here so we have been SO busy this last week. We did something with family pretty much everyday this last week. We really enjoyed having everyone here but are very glad to get back to regular life. We will miss Grandpa very much, but we are so glad he isn't in pain anymore and we know we will see him again!

Here is a picture of grandma and grandpa taken about a year ago...



So, my digital camera decided to start being sassy and stop working. Luckily, my mother-in-law bought me a new one for mother's day/baby shower gift. I love it so much! It is a waterproof camera, so I love scaring people by jumping in the pool with it. Here are a few pictures we took with the family this week...I am waiting for a new battery charger (both my batteries are dead) so we can take more. Thanks Karen!







1 comment:

  1. Your new camera works really good. The pictures are great. I hope I get the new charger soon. I am glad I was able to get you the new camera. I can't wait till you take pictures of the baby with it.

    ReplyDelete

flowers

Followers

About Me

My photo
My name is Melissa and I am a stay at home mom of one beautiful little boy. I am also in Grad School, working on my Master's in Early Childhood Education.