Thursday, March 25, 2010

Umbrella Strollers and stuffed dogs

We made our first purchase for the baby today: an umbrella stroller and stuffed dog. :O) We went to Big Lots where they had an umbrella stroller on sale for $15. Amazing deal, so we just HAD to get one! And then Mike fell in love with this stuffed dog and said we HAD to get it for Travis. I was trying to persuade him to agree on the lion, but there was no budging him off of this dog...



The dog is awfully cute! And we love the umbrella stroller-it is really nice and it was only $15!

So, I know have been slacking in the photo department...So here is a picture of me 2 weeks ago at 20 weeks.



But in the last two weeks, this baby has just exploded! I can feel him kick all the time now. And when I poke around on my belly I can usually find him and you can feel his little body. Mike has been able to feel him and has felt him move, which is really fun for him. Here is a new picture we took today...huge belly and all.



We are getting really excited and can't wait for the next 4 months to fly by! We have accepted the fact that our life will be full of umbrella strollers and stuffed dogs...

In another attempt to get ready for Travis (yes, we have decided on Travis)we registered at Babies R Us today. And oh my goodness...I don't know why the man handed Mike the scanner. He went insane! He ran around scanning stuff! All I heard was "beep! beep! beep!"
I was chasing him saying "Do you even know what you are scanning?"
Him: "Yeah, it's cute stuff! That was Elmo!"
Me: "This is an Elmo baby leash! Get back here!"
So needless to say...it took quite a while. At first, we were only registering for BIG things and I thought we should probably not just register for things over $100. So, I handed the scanner over to Mike and he registered for just about every bib in the store. So, when all was said and done, we had 13 PAGES of stuff on our registry! I don't know how that happened...but let me just say-I don't really care what burp cloths we get, but I registered for those types of things because people want you to, right? Oh goodness...Well, maybe we will tackle Target this weekend. I will have to put the Elmo leash on Mike because he has gotten it into his mind that we should register for a tv...

5 comments:

  1. Hahahaha. That's my Michael. Just gotta love him no matter what. You are looking so cute. I want to feel the baby move. May Sunday I can get the chance. Glad you registered. Now I can start getting things.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Travis is cute. Can I call him Travesty for a nickname? I can only picture you and Mike running around the store.
    -Christy
    P.S. Don't get a baby sling, 7 babies have died in them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shesh she knows how to make me sound like i was a 5 year old at a toy store. it wasn't that bad. i just listened to the guy about what to register for. And yes i want to register for a tv at target only because you get a discount on it after your due date if no one buys it.. see im smart. Travis' nick name can be TJ or lil T.. hahaha. Melissa wont go for either but i like them.
    -Mike

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL if I was there I would of been right there next to Mike going nuts scanning everything LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute stroller, but It'll be quite some time till you can actually use it! I remember the day Skyler and I found out we were having a girl- we had to go shopping and of course Skyler had to get plaid shorts for her to match him. what a dork. gotta love dorky husbands:)

    ReplyDelete

flowers

Followers

About Me

My photo
My name is Melissa and I am a stay at home mom of one beautiful little boy. I am also in Grad School, working on my Master's in Early Childhood Education.