Sunday, June 6, 2010

Memorial Day and MM day

This year memorial day happened to land on our 2 year anniversary. We were happy to be able to spend it together, and share it with Memorial Day. Every year for Memorial day our family goes to Westminster Cemetary where they have a special program to honor our veterans. After, we visit all our family members who have moved on to a better life. We also clean their graves, as they get real dirty! So, we did this.

This year was special because grandpa was in the military. However, the marines were given the wrong date for his funeral, so they did not make it. So, they arranged to make a presentation to grandma and the rest of us on Monday. They came presented us with a flag and shot their loud guns and played for us. It was awesome!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rQZlPA1NEAs

Mike and I were going to try to get away for a bit for our anniversary, but the beach was packed because it was memorial day. So we did the BBQ and swimming instead and celebrated the two years on Tuesday.

Mike decided he wanted to go on a hike for our anniversary, so we went to Whitting Ranch. It was a nice day for hiking. It wasn't too cold but it was overcast and nice. We started down the path and were greeted with this sign:


Oh good. At least I feel safe. So, we kept our eyes open for mountain lions that may eat us. We didn't see any, but we did see a ton of squirrels and chipmunks and red ants. We also saw some beautiful flowers and trees also. Here are some pictures...










So, after we walked for a mile I start to hint to Mike that the prego lady is done walking. My feet were starting to hurt and I was tired. He replied "Ok, let me know when you want to head back." I guess he didn't get that was me TRYING to head back. So, when we hit about a mile and half I said it was time to go back. So, we started walking back, much slower this time because we were tired. Soon, Travis started kicking my bladder, so we picked up the step. All of a sudden, my back popped and pulled a little (probably from the waddling I was doing). It hurt pretty bad but I couldn't stop because of my need to go to the bathroom. By this point, I was half running, half limping, and getting really mad at all the bugs attacking me. All while keeping my eyes open for mountain lions that may eat me as the sign kindly reminded me on the way it...Turns out I have much less patience for bugs landing on me when I need to pee and my back feels like it's breaking. Finally, we made it to the end of the trail and I have never been so happy to see a stinky, dirty porta-potty. My poor feet were so releived when we sat in the car and my back thanked me kindly also. And, this my friends, is why you don't take prego ladies hiking.

No comments:

Post a Comment

flowers

Followers

About Me

My photo
My name is Melissa and I am a stay at home mom of one beautiful little boy. I am also in Grad School, working on my Master's in Early Childhood Education.